backsidelearningcenter,backside-learning-center,equin-workers

WORK WITH US

Apply to become part of the BLC team! Find any available job postings here.

YOUTH PROGRAMS MANAGER

Full Time: We are looking for a caring, passionate, organized individual with an education background to work as the Youth Programs Manager as part of the BLC’s Programs and Services team in cross-collaboration with other team members. The candidate would support K-12, JCPS youth participants in the areas of case management, academic support, and family engagement. The candidate will lead and supervise a small team of dynamic and passionate youth staff and interns during the academic school year and summer months to carry out the BLC’s mission and vision. This will include planning, implementing, and managing the Front Runners after-school program, enrichment workshops, and educational advocacy. Additionally, this position will work in collaboration with other BLC program team members to ensure the successful implementation of various other wrap-around services.
Deadline to Apply: October 14, 2022

Application Process: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Lauren DeGeorge, Director of Programs, at ldegeorge@backsidelearningcenter.org.

YOUTH CASE MANAGER

Full Time: We are looking for a caring, passionate, ethical, organized individual to work as a youth and family case coordinator to support, advocate for, and empower K-12 JCPS students and their families who are considered homeless. They are facing stressful situations which interfere with their safe and healthy engagement within JCPS. This position is grant funded and requires that 75% of the case manager’s job focus on recruiting, screening, and carrying out holistic case management for youths and families to accomplish their goals. The other 25% of the job will be in supporting the Social Services Team in other programs and services: assisting in the Fresh Food Market program, our Creciendo Juntos youth program, and any other applicable cases or programs. This position will work in collaboration with other BLC program team members to ensure the successful completion of case plans and other wrap-around services.
Deadline to Apply: December 12, 2022

Application Process: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Lauren DeGeorge, Director of Programs, at ldegeorge@backsidelearningcenter.org.

INTERN WITH US

Interested in applying for an internship with us? Now accepting applications for Fall 2022!

FAMILY PROGRAM INTERN

This position involves helping match kids with one-on-one tutoring/ homework help, planning and executing social emotional group activities, and helping with field trips and general enrichment at the Family Program / Front Runner’s!

SOCIAL SERVICES INTERN

This position would involve helping clients schedule appointments, make copies, help with our food distribution program, translate simple documents, and make phone calls, as well as other simple office duties such as organizing resources. For more information email volunteers@backsidelearningcenter.org.

COMMUNICATIONS INTERN

This position involves videography, multimedia editing, writing, photography, content creation, social media and marketing experience for external communications at Backside Learning Center!For more information email volunteers@backsidelearningcenter.org.